We all are focused on increasing our numbers. Trust me, I’m right there with you.
An increase in our traffic could ultimately lead to an increase in our income.
So what can help us increase our blog traffic?
The best thing you can have.
Over the past few months, I have truly put this to the test. Nothing will grow your blog audience and traffic like consistency. What do I mean by that?
- Post content on your blog consistently. Whether it’s once a month, twice a week, everyday. Set a schedule that you can stick to and that your audience recognizes to expect. Nothing hurts your traffic more than your audience expecting weekly updates and then you competently stop posting for a month. Once you have a following that “know” you and your brand, it is important to continue to give them quality content on a consistent basis, whatever that may look like for you.
- Promote your content consistently. This has been a game changer for me. There was a time that I only would share a post the day I wrote it. That’s it. I know, what was I thinking?! But I see this more than you know! I don’t want you to learn the hard way like I did. I had issues with self-promotion. It made me feel like I was bothering people that followed me. But hey, they follow you for a reason! They want to see your content and they like it! Be not afraid to promote your content, your products, or your services. Utilize your tools to help you consistently promote such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Tailwind, or Board Booster. Also, share other bloggers content and ask them to return the favor. Join group boards on Pinterest or blogger groups on Facebook. Their shares will help expand your audience and your traffic.
- Share your brand on social media consistently. Your social media platform is a biggie. It allows your audience to connect with you on a more personal level. They like to see what is going on in your life, behind the scenes of your business, and they love consistent updates! Daily posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever platforms you use, will help drive traffic back to your site. Be sure to have your link somewhere in your bio! I have people who followed me on social media for months before they got curious enough to click the link to my blog and now they are hooked! But it was my consistency that drew them to click. What if I stopped posting, or didn’t post very often? They would not come to my page and they wouldn’t have come to my blog.
- Have a consistent representation of your brand. I honestly believe that this is vital. Your brand is what people recognize you by. If that changes too often, so will your audience and their view of you. Your brand is more than just a logo or the colors on your site. Your brand is your message, your mission, your purpose, and it’s YOU! Make sure what you are posting or sharing with your audience lines up with your brand. If that is too hard for you to do, it may be wise to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are trying to project.
- Consistently check your analytics. My final, but one of the most important tips. Your analytics are your guide to what is working for your blog, and more importantly, what isn’t. Paying attention to the analytics of the content that does not resonate with your audience will show you what they want to see less of. Consistently checking your analytics will make you a more aware blogger. You should always know what your audience does and doesn’t like about your content.
There are a list of things that you can do to help increase your blog traffic. Create an opt-in, offer courses, have videos, the list goes on. But none of these things will work if you aren’t first consistent.
What other tips can you share in regards to being consistent?
Grab Your Successful Blog Worksheet!
Use this worksheet as a guide to creating your successful blog!